Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Joys

I finally have a new computer! OK, well, I've had it for a week now but I'm finally writing! It's a huge change going from an Apple to a Dell but I'm dealing and learning slowly. I feel like an old lady trying to figure out a computer for the first time. The downside is I don't have a grandson I can bother for a tutorial on how to use this dang contraption!

On to the news.
For those who haven't been following me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Tumblr we have some crazy news. We're expecting our second baby blessing on December 29. Today actually marks the first day of the second trimester so the excitement in my house is growing. Little Lentil, as the baby will be called until we find out the gender, has made my life interesting for the last 13 weeks. With Gibbie I was nauseous for about 20 minutes every several days. With Little Lentil I was nauseous all day every day from about 5 weeks on until I finally gave into Diclegis, an anti-nausea medicine. Diclegis was a miracle except for the fact that it made me extremely exhausted (even on half a dose). I shouldn't complain though. I wasn't able to function without it and my doctor took pity on me and gave me 4 boxes of samples because my insurance doesn't cover maternity and the state of Texas didn't take on the Medicaid expansion (yay go us!). I never even had to fill the prescription. I took myself off of it this past weekend and I finally feel amazing.

Gibbie is super excited to be a big sister. For a while she was telling everyone that her baby brother was in my belly. Now she says it's a girl. I don't care either way. The Hubs says he wants another girl because little girls love their papas. I'd like one to like me. We're set with a name if it's a boy but we're still looking for a girl name. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Since the USA/Germany game is over and Gibbie let me watch it with minimal arguing I'd be do as promised and pop in The Little Mermaid. Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment