Monday, June 1, 2015

May Recap

May was an extremely rough month for me. I still haven't quite recovered from it yet but I'm working on it. Occasionally I get little bouts of depression and I just take St. John's Wort for a week and I'm all better. The week turned into over a month this time and in the middle there was a lot of anxiety on top of it. I'm sharing this because I find it very important for every person who has children... it turns out I have postpartum depression. It looks like having a c-section rather than vaginal, taking hormonal birth control, and not being able to breast feed has just hit me very hard. Especially the not being able to breast feed. No matter how many times I've told myself it doesn't bother me it really does. I'm in the process of grieving over it now and I'm already starting to feel better. Allowing myself to grieve instead of just pushing the feelings down has made me very emotional but is helping the process of overcoming depression tremendously.

So, since it's been exactly one month since I've written a blog post please allow me to catch up on my family!

Squish was baptized in early May. Here we are with her Godparents/aunt and uncle. As you can see Gibbie is absolutely thrilled to have to wait even longer for some cake:


Squish decided to start rolling from front to back and we all missed it. I did take this picture before flipping her back over:


Mother's Day happened. For the most part it was pretty good. I had a much better day the day before Mother's Day so I consider that the official day for me. I feel like kids work very hard to make Mother's Day not so great for some reason. This is the one decent picture I took on the actual Mother's Day:


Gibbie had her preschool graduation. Kinda. We're putting her back in prekindergarten one more year before heading to kindergarten so she'll have another preschool graduation next year:


I cried through the entire thing even though I know she'll be there again next year. I think she could have been fine going to kindergarten next year but since her birthday is the day before the cut off date we chose to give her another year before having to get down to the hardcore learning stuff. It's crazy to me that if she was born 1 hour and 47 minutes later she wouldn't have even been able to go to prekindergarten yet!

Here's my favorite picture lately:


I can't believe how much she's grown and changed!

We celebrated out 6th anniversary on the 24th! Squish doesn't like being away from mama so we only had a short date but it was fun. Here's one of my favorites from our wedding:

Photo Credit: Leslie M. Harper

Gibbie was promoted to a white belt with yellow stripe a few days ago:


Finally, at only 5 months old, Squish can sit on her own. She's good for about 30 seconds before losing her balance:


How was your May?

No comments:

Post a Comment