Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Need an Assistant

So I've decided I need either a personal assistant or a maid. I think a maid would be more helpful in the long run. The house would be clean and I could still do all of my social/religious/exercise gatherings. Seriously though, I at least need someone to schedule my life for me. It's not like I have a million things to do but I sometimes wonder how it's not possible for a stay at home mom to stay home and clean. Even days I do stay home it never manages to get clean up in here!

Yesterday was one of those crazy clingy days. I couldn't leave the room without Gibbie yelling and asking where I am and why I left and don't go! It's very hard to get anything done. I am trying to get at least an hour of housework done a day but I did only about twenty minutes with a three year old hanging off of me. Today doesn't seem to be any better but things need to get done. I'm way too embarrassed to describe the state of my bathrooms at the moment so she's just going to have to chill. Clean while she naps? It's called sanity and I'm trying to hang on to a little of it by having some quiet time to watch Days of Our Lives, read, write, pray, etc. Plus, it's not like I do nothing while she naps. I do still make sure the laundry and dishes get done and clean the living room a bit while I watch TV.

What I really need is to find the perfect balance. Somewhere between giving in to my child's every request and ignoring her completely. I don't want to be the mom who does nothing but housework all day and then realize that the only time I touched my child was while putting her to bed. I also don't want to be the mom who plays with her child all day and then has to stay up late to clean and never get to relax. I'll get there some day. I just thought that I'd have it figured out by now.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one that struggles with this! Sometimes I think I'm just really stupid when it comes to being a stay at home mom but I don't know how do it differently.

One last thought... this picture from last year's visit to the pumpkin patch is adorbs:

No comments:

Post a Comment