Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Every week I try to list a few things I'm thankful for. It really helps me realize what is important and what I need to stop worrying about.

*The ability to volunteer at my church. I love the fact that being a stay at home mom has allowed me to spend time with my church. I love the community, I love the people I've met, I love the kids! Last week's Vacation Bible School was so much fun and now I'm about to gear up for a new MOPS year! I'm also a Sunday school teacher and love having my daughter in my class.

*My daughter's ability to enjoy having her nails painted and still say she's a pirate right afterwards. I have never been really girly and sometimes I get surprised by how girly Gibbie is. She loves nail polish, dresses, princess stuff, "cooking" in her play kitchen, and lip gloss (or lip lip as she calls it). On the other hand all of her friends are boys, she loves playing with cars, her favorite color is blue, and she's very loud and rough houses quite a bit. She still hates getting her hands dirty though. She freaked out at the beach last year when the wet sand stuck to her and when we tried do finger paint I thought she was going to have an anxiety attack.

*Whiskey. Though I'm starting to think I need to take a break I am really enjoying whiskey lately. I go through alcohol phases. I've done beer and wine and vodka. Right now it's whiskey. It goes great with lemonade and diet soda. I do not like it straight. Once when we were still dating The Hubs was making himself a whiskey and Sprite and getting me a glass of water. Only he put the whiskey in the wrong glass. Grossest water ever. I still tease him about the whiskey water and it's been almost eight years. Let's face it, I'm potty training a two year old so I need something to get me through it!

*Writing. I've been happier since I started this blog up less than a week ago. It's my therapy. It's my escape. It's my way of just letting go and having a moment to myself. I love sharing, I love knowing someone is reading my stuff, I love reading blogs so it made sense for me to start writing again. I get so incredibly giddy when someone comments on my blog. I used to write short stories too but I just lost interest in some point and stopped. I hope to eventually get back into that again too.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment