Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday

*Audio Books - I was losing my motivation to go walking in the mornings. I would listen to Pandora but it annoyed me more than motivated me. Skipping every song and then running out of skips. Yeah, I could have paid for it, but I didn't see the point. I do, however, see the point in paying for Audible. For $14.95 a month you can get one free audio book a month and all of the other audio books are discounted. I love listening to books when I walk and when it's a really juicy one it makes me actually WANT to go walk. Now that I've started running I'm almost sad that I finish faster because I don't get to listen to the books as much! Also, there's an app called Overdrive that you can connect to your local library to download audio books from there. The selection of our library is decent but not fantastic so that's why I pay for Audible.

*Weight Watchers - I tried everything from Adkins, diet pills, Slim Fast, starving myself, just trying to eat well and exercise, and nothing worked for me. Weight Watchers has made it possible for me to lose weight at a healthy pace, figure out what portion sizes are good for me, and it lets me eat exactly what I want as long as I stay within my range of points. If I want to eat a Cinnabon I can, but I won't be able to eat anything else all day! I joined April 2 and since then I've lost 24 pounds and I've gone down two pant sizes. I absolutely love the program and I'm so thankful for it for making me feel so great and have so much energy!

*Running out of whiskey - I know, I'm silly. Last week I was saying that I was thankful for whiskey. This week I'm thankful I ran out of whiskey. I felt like I was getting dependent on it to relax and I even started drinking some while making dinner instead of waiting for Gibbie to go to bed. I did the same thing with wine several months ago. It's good to take a break from your vice every now and again.

*Best friend M - As I've mentioned I have four best friends and I keep them all separate (not really but they just don't really cross each others paths ever). Best friend M is who I see almost every Thursday night. We get together, watch Grey's Anatomy, chit chat, have some wine, and relax. I'm so thankful for this friendship. It's my two to three hour break in my 24/7 work schedule. We talk about absolutely everything. She's my place to vent, she's my comforter, she tells me when I'm in the wrong, and offers me time away.

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment