Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thankful Thursday

*The Hubs being an amazing father. I watch them play and see Gibbie's imagination grow with his help. He gets down on the floor and makes her toys come to life with her. He's not the "machismo" type that was disappointed with having a girl. He has embraced her with all her princess tea party girly tendencies.

*Understanding moms. I'm sure we've all had moments where we scream and yell and then feel absolutely terrible about it five minutes later. I have the most amazing circle of moms around me. Best friend M is the one I go to when I just need someone to listen. Best friend J is the one I go to when I just need someone to remind me that I'm not the only one who wants to pull their hair out. Best friend E needs to have a kid already so I can maybe be the one with the wisdom for once (please refer to this post).

*Pretzel sticks. I seriously count out 28 pretzel sticks and put them in a bowl in the kitchen. I take three at a time and leave the kitchen. That way I don't eat them all in one sitting. They are filling and satisfying when I want to stuff my face but don't have the points (Weight Watchers) to do so. I'm so incredibly thankful for pretzel sticks.

*Johnson and Johnson's No More Tangles Leave in Conditioner. Seriously, you might think this is silly, but seriously! I bought the stuff for Gibbie because her super fine hair tangles more than what's natural. I've used it twice on her and she looks like she just walked out of the kid's salon. So, this morning, after I got out of the shower, I though I'd give it a try. My hair has been amazing today. I let it dry naturally and the curls are soft, there's not much frizz, and it smells so good. I doubt I'll ever buy any other product for my hair again!

No comments:

Post a Comment