Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend Review

I didn't take nearly enough pictures this weekend. It went by so fast!

Saturday morning we were supposed to have someone over to look at our roof and walls for the water damage. My father-in-law came over to help us out because the man coming to check it out only spoke Spanish. He was three hours late. By the time he got here we already got the guy who was doing repairs next door come over, look over everything (inside, outside, on the roof), give us a quote, and chit-chat. My father-in-law had to get going so when the guy finally did show up he was pissed that neither The Hubs nor I spoke Spanish. He took a look at the back patio and said it would cost $550. That's not even what was supposed to be repaired. Needless to say we're going with the guy who came first.

In the late afternoon Gibbie and I went to a one year old's birthday party.

It was at Peter Piper Pizza so Gibbie was a happy kid. Of course she wasn't too thrilled when mama when to the wrong one and we had to leave to go to another one. Mama's good at doing that. Second time now.

Now this is the complicated part. The birthday party was for the niece of one of my old friends who I haven't seen in more than four years. He wasn't even there because he lives in Seattle now. His parents invited me which was awesome because I hadn't seen them in almost 3 years.

Cake was the only thing that could get her away from the games. I didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked to but it was still very nice to see them and Gibbie had a ton of fun so I'd say it was worth it.

Afterwards we went home. I was invited to a housewarming party by a different friend I haven't seen in a very long time but alas, I was exhausted by the time I drove all the way across town to get home.

We got home and The Hubs was hungry so we went with him to a Chinese restaurant.  Gibbie and I only had one slice each at the pizza place and a small piece of cakes so we ate enough to finish filling us up at the Chinese place.

This morning we got up and took our time getting ready for church.

Check out her cute breakfast set up here. Waffles and OJ, almost every morning! Depending on what she's eating we let her eat here on the ottoman. You flip the top and open it up and woohoo there's a table.

We went to the late service at church, then home for a nap, and out to eat with grandma and grandpa. Grandma and grandpa are heading on an Alaskan cruise next Friday and will be gone for over a week so they had to get some baby time in. I'm so glad I get along with all of my in-laws.

I never imagined it would be so ridiculous getting the wall, ceiling, and roof fixed. I'm just glad it's finally happening. I'm ready to get everything back to normal and start planning for Gibbie's third birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment