Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Review

Exciting stuff! Well, maybe not to you young people who don't have kids. For me, going to a movie is super exciting!

OK, OK, I'll start on Friday instead of skipping ahead to the fun parts.

The Hubs is having a lot of fun teaching his class in our backyard. The Gibbie kinda hates not being allowed to go outside with her papa but I'm trying to distract her as much as possible.

We entertained ourselves with bath time, Brave, and games on an old iPhone that is no longer a phone:


By the way, that phone is going to disappear sometime this week. I freaking hate how addicted she has become to it.

Then, after the student left we let her play with a wooden sword on the mats:


I said she could train as soon as she was taller than the sword. Not quite there yet:


We played peekaboo a lot this weekend:


Allow me to interrupt these adorbs pictures to let you know how freaking awesome my Saturday afternoon was. I got all gorgeous while Gibbie slept and The Hubs rested and we headed out. Gibbie went to grandma and grandpa's house to play with all the cool stuff they brought her back from their Alaskan cruise and The Hubs and I went to the movies.

THE WORLD'S END!!! So freaking good! A little background here as to why I was so giddy about this movie: This was the last installment of the so called Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy (aka Ice Cream Trilogy, Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy, or Cornetto Trilogy). The Hubs and I saw the first one, Shaun of the Dead, on our very first date. We'd known each other for a few years but because he moved up to Chicago just after I met him that first date took a while to work out. During the time the second movies came out we were on a break though I think we might have seen it on one of our secret dates (no one knew we were contemplating couplehood again). Now, the last one is here! We're married, we have a beautiful goblin princess daughter, and life is awesome.

Also, I can't even remember the last time we saw a movie in a theater. Afterwards, it was very hard to not stop off for a pint somewhere but since we were on the other side of town (they only have sports bars over there, ugh) and we needed to get our kid we decided against it. Go see it, you must, it's freaking amazing. I don't want to give too much away but it was an interesting change to see Simon Pegg's character as the one mucking things up and Nick Frost's character being the successful grown up. The ending is not what I was expecting considering how the other two ended but it was good nonetheless.

Back to the weekend...

Gibbie has decided she loves Spider Man and found this mask at Target:


We didn't buy it but she had fun wearing it for two minutes.


We actually have no idea where she even saw Spider Man or why she loves it but we're going with it. Maybe she'll be Spider Man for Halloween! That would be so cool.

We also went to Lowe's where we ordered new flooring and I'm super giddy to get rid of the nasty toddler stained carpet soon. I just wish we could get it done before Gibbie's birthday party next weekend. It's a bit embarrassing how nasty it is. I'll definitely have to post some before and after pictures of it once the furniture is out and before we put it back.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment